Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Parallax View Right To Reply: Kirsty Crawford

Ever been hit by a runaway karma?

Last October Dead Kenny typed a throwaway post containing the usual winning blend of snipiness and innuendo, relating to statements attributed to Pop Idol contestant Kirsty Crawford published in The Sun. As is so often the case, it was a few cheap, lazy shots as an excuse to show a picture of a hot young woman. Posted it, and forgot about it. But this is the internet, right? Yesterday, Kirsty got in touch by e-mail to put her side to the story (I'm assuming it's genuine, but I leave it for yourselves to make your own minds up about that). Now Dead Kenny may be cheap and he may be nasty, but he's also a sucker for multiple perspectives. That, and he's always had a thing for hot girls making him feel like a bad, bad boy (especially when they play nice about it), so with Kirsty's permission I'm reproducing her e-mail in full -

Kirsty Crawford: And no, you're not having her email address off me Hey there, really am not too sure where to start. My name is Kirsty
Crawford and I just got pointed in the direction of your site by a friend
who stumbled across it. Firstly, I just wanna say - as I know how
misunderstood text can be if read wrong - this is not a malicious or nasty
email. I simply want to say with regards to the "kissing boobies" stunt that
you think I pulled, you are completely wrong. I AM actually just that stupid
to not think before I speak. The quote from The Sun is sooo inaccurate and I
have proof that I actually said we shared a "bedROOM". I am not one of these
people in it for the fame. I want to sing. Therefore, I have no care in the
world to further my tabloid shelf life, if anything I wish I hadn't said it
as I think I hurt Susanne's family when it was all taken out of context and
splashed across the papers.

Secondly, the kissing boobies thing wasn't actually us 'kissing' each others
'boobs', it was our celebration dance that we'd bang chests like rock dudes
do but when boobs meet, they look like they are kissing cause they're soft!
And I certainly do NOT fancy Susanne and I have enough respect for my
boyfriend to NOT pull something like that for a li'l bit of publicity.

I think I just worry that you think I am I did that for publicity - I don't
even understand the logistics behind the whole PR thing so please believe
me when I say I REALLY didn't! And I am simply THAT stupid!

Your sincerely, Kirsty Crawford x



Aww. Kirsty is currently busy recording and gigging as well as writing tunes for already-established acts. Further details hopefully to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home