Sunday, September 12, 2004

Not All Bloggers Are Hopeless Losers Who Can't Talk To Girls. It Really Is Just Me.

Sorry about the unexpected gap in transmission there, abnormal service will resume from next week. Head's still a bit fuzzy from getting ever-so-slightly off my face on booze whilst at the PJ Harvey gig at the Brum Academy. This is never a good thing when meeting people for the first time, so commiserations go to Ben and Jenny and their two lovely companions for having to put up with the dribbling, drooling idiocy that is the live! interactive! Dead Kenny experience. Ray and Deb were there too, but as they already know me, they only have themselves to blame. Apologies, also, to fellow residents at my hotel, as I awoke at 5am to find the TV blaring out a cacophonous cricket match at ultrahigh volume. How I slept through that for a few hours, I do not know, but I think it had nothing to do with the beer and everything to do with watching an Everton match that put me in the coma in the first place.

So, needless to say, here probably isn't the best place for a full, detailed review of the PJ gig (Ben seemed to be holding his drink better than me, not difficult admittedly, so hopefully he'll do it justice shortly). She was in fine voice, and was looking pretty good too in a tight little dress, but the show was a little on the brief side (45 mins plus 2 encores, the teasing little minx). The set wasn't as heavily loaded with tracks from her excellent new album 'Uh Huh Her' as I expected, but she obstinately refused to do 'Down By The Water' despite my heartily-hollered exhortations to do so. Highlight: 'Who The F@*£?!' (good fun to sing along to when drunk).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home