Friday, June 17, 2005

Memes Like Old Times

Seeing as I've not been all that sociable on the blogging front lately, I've relented and accepted the memetic challenge laid down by Nath. After all, who can turn down a hot momma-to-be?

Total volume of music files on my computer: About 550MB worth. I don't play too many music files on my computer as use of the scrollbar seems to crash anything that plays media of any kind. Usually look for tasters for albums which I then delete when I buy the actual record, but some odds and sods stick around, like Ladytron's cover of Human League's Open Your Heart.

Last CD I bought was . . .: Dirty Words, the debut album by The Departure. I have all their singles to date on vinyl only, so it's good to be able to listen to them within the flow of a full CD. The rest of the album is growing on me.

Song playing right now: Changing Pilots, track 8 on the above-mentioned record.

Five songs I listen to a lot these days: This one's difficult, because even with an mp3 player, I tend to use it to listen to albums on the go rather than in shuffle mode or selecting individual tracks (just too much work for this lazyboy). But if I have to pick 5 these would be they -

1. Turn - New Order (from Waiting For The Siren's Call)
2. 1 Thing - Amerie
3. For Lenny's Pleasure - Joy Zipper (from The Heartlight Set)
4. Stay Where You Are - Ambulance LTD (from s/t album)
5. The Light Pours Out Of Me - Magazine (from Real Life)

And that's enough shite pouring out of me for one night. Coming soon: a live review of Ambulance LTD in Birmingham, and a slightly-more-punchy-than-normal album review compendium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home