Sunday, November 15, 2009

For Whom The Belle Tells

Ick. Should have been at an indiepop all-dayer but spent all day suspended upside down in a huge vat of Lemsip* instead. Talking of all things medicinal, in case you haven't noticed former PV blogroller Dr Brooke Magnanti has outed herself as Belle de Jour.

During the media storm in the early years of BDJ your bemused blogger was often emailed asking for an opinion on her true identity. In truth, I didn't know for sure, but I did once give a clue to check which blog first linked to BDJ and where they got their lead. The first blog to link to BDJ was in fact this humble blog, Parallax View. And the lead? An email from a fellow blogger casually asking whether I'd noticed on the UK Blogs aggregator a blog by a prostitute. The blogger? Oh, you're ahead of me...Dr Brooke Magnanti.

See? Sometimes Dead Kenny does know how to keep his gob shut (well, just about). Who knew?

*Other flu symptom medications are available.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

Respect. ;-)

(Your Feb 2005 post didn't pass unnoticed, by the way. And that's all I have left to say!)

2:09 PM  
Anonymous arseblogger said...

The worst thing is you never got credit for this line - "Well, you have to admire Deneuve of the girl, I suppose" - which is top class, I have to say.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Dead Kenny said...

Cheers, guys! Arseblogger, yer right y'know, I should have won a Bloggie that year for that one line alone. The injustice of it all!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home