Monday, May 04, 2009

Distance Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Missed the chance to see Polly Scattergood live a few weeks back due to an unfortunate set of circumstances (she's playing Bristol's Dot-to-Dot, though, so we should catch up with her then). 'Please Don't Touch' isn't our favourite cut from her really rather good debut album (that'd be a toss-up between Bunny Club and Nitrogen Pink), but it is perhaps the catchiest, and is thus a pretty astute choice for single, and gives this Bank Holiday week the bouncy kickstart it needs.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Phill said...

Ken - I really wanted to like this album - All the elements seemed in place from the reviews I read - but I just think she comes across as whiny and annoying. Just my opinion...

2:53 AM  
Blogger Dead Kenny said...

Phill, I think part of the problem is that the album's been kinda marketed/written up as edgier than it really is. Taken on it's own merits it works well enough for me, but having followed her stuff on MySpace for ages, p'raps I had a better idea what to anticipate.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home